Fitness in the Park classes return Jan. 7
Start the new year off right with free fitness classes with the Buckeye Recreation Department’s Fitness in the Park workout program. New classes begin Jan. 7 at Sundance Park from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
These fun and upbeat classes, led by certified instructors, are open to all ages, beginners and experts alike. All you need is a water bottle and to show up every class. No need to pre-register.
Here’s is the schedule:
- Mondays - Ignite Yoga where you learn yoga postures, breathing techniques and proper alignment.
- Tuesdays - PiYo offers a high intensity low impact workout combining Pilates and Yoga moves.
- Wednesdays - ZUMBA with international music and dance themes that create a dynamic and exciting aerobic workout.
- Thursdays - CrossFit, a full body workout that combines cardio, core training and more.
- Fridays – POUND, a unique seat, sculpt and rocking workout using lightly weighted drumsticks to ‘perform’ your way to a great physique.
Also new for 2019 is Hiking Yoga classes at Skyline Regional Park. Take scenic hikes on Red-tailed Hawk trail with yoga stops integrated throughout. Here is the schedule:
- January 26 from 9 -10 a.m.
- February 2 and 16, March 2 and 16, and April 6 from 8-9 a.m.
- May 4 and 18 from 7-8 a.m.
Sundance Park is located at 22865 W. Lower Buckeye Road, Buckeye. Skyline Regional Park is located at 2600 N. Watson Road, Buckeye.
For more information about the program, please visit or buckeyeaz.gov/residents/parks-recreation/fitness-in-the-park or call 623-349-6350.