Buckeye celebrates Municipal Clerks Week
To honor their efforts to ensure city transparency, managing City Code and so much more, Buckeye is honoring its Office of City Clerk by formally recognizing them during Municipal Clerks Week May 6 through 12.
Buckeye’s City Clerk’s Office is a direct link for our residents to do business with the city. Anything related to the business of running the city must go through the Clerk’s Office and they must follow all state and county laws throughout the process. This includes:
- Adhering to open meeting laws
- Properly managing and distributing public records
- Being the official custodian of all legal documents and historical records
- Managing and overseeing all elections
- Ensuring City Code and Ordinances are followed
- Coordinating standards to meet ADA standards
The function of the Clerk’s office is something residents take for granted, but their professionalism and superior standards ensure the city is operating efficiently and effectively.
Municipal Clerks Week is sponsored by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks, an international organization with more than 14,500 members throughout the U.S., Canada and 15 other countries.
To learn more about all the duties and responsibilities of Buckeye’s City Clerk’s office, please visit buckeyeaz.gov/government/city-clerk